Business process management helps organizations leverage processes to achieve their goals and be successful. Once processes are implemented, they must be monitored, evaluated, and optimized to make sure they are still meeting the goals that they were designed to accomplish. A business that can successfully manage its processes is able to maintain a competitive edge, while increasing productivity and efficiency and decreasing costs.
This course will introduce you to business process management. You’ll learn how business processes can help you improve your company’s bottom line by providing a higher level of quality and consistency for your customers.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
- Define business process management and related concepts
- Recognize the vital role processes play in a business
- Appreciate the role of technology in process management
- Develop a vision to guide process improvement
- Understand how to design or enhance an existing process using the business process life cycle
- Construct a process map
- Perform a what-if analysis to improve your processes
- Implement and monitor process changes
- Identify how Lean and Six Sigma methods can assist in managing and improving processes
- Use a variety of tools and techniques to eliminate waste and redundancies
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED
- The fundamentals of business process management
- Defining business process management
- Reflecting on processes
- The business process life cycle
- The vision phase
- The design phase (including process mapping)
- The modeling phase
- The execution phase
- The monitoring phase (including an introduction to the balanced scorecard and business activity monitoring)
- The optimizing phase(including an introduction to Lean and Six Sigma methods)monitoring)
The Fundamentals of Business Process Management
To begin, participants will learn about three concepts that are closely tied to business process management: business analysis, enterprise content management, and business process re-engineering.
Defining Business Process Management
Next, participants will learn what business process management is, where it originated from, and what some of the benefits are.
Reflecting on Processes
In this session, participants will review their pre-assignment.
The Business Process Life Cycle
This session will introduce the business process life cycle, which will form the basis for the rest of the course.
The Vision Phase
The first phase of the business process life cycle is Vision. This session will cover ways to create and share a vision, and why it is important for process improvement.
The Design Phase
The second phase of the business process life cycle is Design. This session will explore how to gather information, define a problem, model as-is and to-be processes, and establish functions.
The Modeling Phase
The third phase of the business process life cycle is Modeling. In this session, participants will learn how to review and analyze process maps and use iterative testing.
The Execution Phase
The fourth phase of the business process life cycle is Execution. This session will take participants through all aspects of the Execution phase, including implementation, automation, business rules, and workflow engines.
The Monitoring Phase
The fifth phase of the business process life cycle is Monitoring. This session will share ways to monitor processes, including the balanced scorecard, business activity monitoring, and process mining.
The Optimizing Phase
The final phase of the business process life cycle is Optimizing. This session will cover ways to optimize processes, including the business process improvement cycle, Lean methodology, and Six Sigma theory.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to a
There are no reviews yet.