Whether we choose to embrace them or cannot stand being interrupted by their calls, call centres are a business element that is here to stay. This course will help call centre agents learn to make the most of their telephone-based work, including understanding the best ways to listen and be heard. Each phone interaction has elements of sales and customer service skills, which we will explore in detail throughout this energising and practical workshop.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
- The nuances of body language and verbal skills.
- Aspects of verbal communication such as tone, cadence, and pitch.
- Questioning and listening skills.
- Ways of delivering bad news and saying no.
- Effective ways to negotiate.
- The importance of creating and delivering meaningful messages.
- Tools to facilitate communication.
- The value of personalising interactions and developing relationships.
- Vocal techniques that enhance speech and communication ability.
- Techniques for managing stress.
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED
- Verbal communication techniques
- Who are your customers?
- Listening skills
- Asking the right questions and saying no
- Taking messages and using voice mail effectively
- Vocal exercises
- Cold and warm calls, including developing a script
- Going above and beyond and high impact moments
- Handling objections and closing the sale
- Negotiation techniques
- Tips for challenging callers
- Phone tag and getting the call back
- Stress busting
- Call centre trends
This workshop will help you teach participants:
- The nuances of body language and verbal skills
- Aspects of verbal communication such as tone, cadence, and pitch
- Questioning and listening skills
- How to deliver bad news and say “no”
- Effective ways to negotiate
- The importance of creating and delivering meaningful messages
- Tools to facilitate their communication
- The value of personalising their interactions and developing relationships
- Vocal techniques that will enhance their speech and communication ability
- Personalised techniques for managing stress
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
What’s Missing in Telephone Communication?
To begin, participants will explore Albert Mehrabian’s study on communication and how it affects telephone communication. Participants will also learn the role that body language plays in telephone communication.
Verbal Communication Techniques
This session will cover the four E’s of an effective telephone voice and how you can use them to promote a service image.
Who are Your Customers?
In this session, participants will learn about what a customer is, and they will identify some of their own customers.
To Serve and Delight
This session will give participants an opportunity to develop strong, helpful phrases for assisting customers.
Did You Hear Me?
During this session, participants will learn techniques for active listening and staying focused.
Asking the Right Questions
In this session, participants will learn about open and closed questions, as well as probing techniques.
Delivering bad news and saying “no” can be two of the most challenging aspects of a call center agent’s job. This session will give participants techniques and practice in these two key skill areas.
Sales by Phone
This session will discuss how to use information delivery and rapport building to help participants sell over the phone.
During this session, participants will look at some key elements of taking messages. Then, they will develop a quick reference sheet that they can keep by their desk.
Staying Out of Voice Mail Jail
Voice mail is a great tool, but it can also be frustrating. In this session, participants will discuss some tips for leaving messages. They will also have an opportunity to practice those techniques.
Closing Down the Voice
This session will give participants a chance to practice some vocal exercises.
Cold and Warm Calls
During this session, participants will learn about these two types of calls and how to maximise their efficiency in each.
Developing a Script
Scripts can be an effective tool, particularly for cold calls. This session will give participants a chance to lay out the framework for their script.
Perfecting the Script
Next, participants will learn ways to customise their scripts. We will also look at FAQ sheets and how they can help participants on a daily basis.
Going Above and Beyond
This session will give participants 15 techniques for success and some ways to customise their service.
During this session, participants will learn different ways to address objections.
Closing the Sale
Next, participants will develop good questions that can help them close a sale.
During this session, participants will work in pairs to rewrite dry and less than imaginative statements to show empathy for their customers.
Changes in the Customer
This session will explore some ways that customers have changed in the past twenty years.
Negotiation is a key skill for call center success. During this session, participants will learn four things that they can do to become better negotiators.
It’s More Than Just a Phase
Next, participants will learn about the four phases of negotiation and some different types of negotiation.
High Impact Moments
This session will explore some situations where you come into contact with a client or customer at a time when you can have a huge impact on them.
Tips for Challenging Callers
During this session, participants will learn some ways to deal with different caller types.
Dealing with Difficult Customers
This session will give participants nine easy techniques for managing difficult customers. We will also look at how to deal with vulgarity.
Phone Tag and Getting the Call Back
While today’s technology can make it hard to reach a decision maker, it also provides opportunities. This session will give participants some tools to deal with phone tag.
This is My Mentor
This case study will give participants a chance to practice some of the skills that they have learned so far.
We all need techniques for managing the stress in our lives. This session will encourage participants to develop some personalised ways to manage stress.
News from Within
During this session, we will take brief look at the inside workings of a call centre and how they are managed.
As the workshop comes to a close, participants will work in small groups to create a review activity for each other. We will also review vocal exercises.
There are no reviews yet.