Effective delegation is one of the most valuable skills you can master. It reduces your workload and develops employee skills. Delegating prepares employees who work for you to be able to handle your responsibilities and simultaneously allows you to advance to other career opportunities within your organisation.
Delegation is often one of the hardest skills for a manager to master. However, the skill can be learned. This one-day workshop will explore many of the facets of delegation, including when to delegate and to whom to delegate. We will also go through the delegation process step by step and learn about techniques to overcome problems.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
- How delegation fits into their job and how it can make them more successful
- Different ways of delegating tasks
- How to use an eight-step process for effective delegation
- How to give better instructions for better delegation results
- Common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Ways to monitor delegation results
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED
- Why delegate? What is delegation?
- Picking the right person
- The delegation meeting
- Giving instructions
- Monitoring delegation
- Practising delegation
- Giving feedback
There are no reviews yet.