If you look at any successful organisation they have the support of employee development as a core part of their culture. For these organisations it goes beyond professional or even personal development to offering learning opportunities that create increased energy, creativity and fun. Lunch and Learns are a venue to foster sharing and peer learning and are typically aimed at fostering cross-organisation collaboration and communication. They are a tool for sharing of information, approaches and talent. Further, they offer opportunities for networking in a safe, friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
This course will give you tools to be able to create a Lunch and Learn Program that creates opportunities for learning that might not otherwise happen. You will also prepare a short Lunch and Learn session and receive feedback from other course participants.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
- Explain the benefits of implementing a Lunch and Learn Program
- Outline the aims and expectations of a Lunch and Learn Program for your organisation
- Utilise a number of success factors to create a Lunch and Learn Program for your organization
- Develop a promotion plan for your organisation’s Lunch and Learn Program
- Develop a list of potential Lunch and Learn session topics
- Maintain an ongoing Lunch and Learn Program for your organisation
- Develop and deliver a Lunch and Learn session
WHAT TOPICS ARE INCLUDED
- So, What is a Lunch and Learn?
- The Underpinnings of Lunch and Learn Programs
- Ongoing Administration of a Lunch and Learn Program
- Developing a Lunch and Learn Presentation
So, What is a Lunch and Learn
There are several concepts of what a Lunch and Learn truly is and in this session students will discuss the different purposes of such a program. They will also explore the benefits of same.
The Underpinnings of Lunch and Learn Programmes
In this session, students will develop a Lunch and Learn framework and look at a number of things that can be done to ensure the success of your program. Students will also look at developing a Promotion Plan and create a list of potential topics.
Ongoing Administration of a Lunch and Learn Programme
This session shows students how to develop an Administrative Schedule for their Lunch and Learn program.
Developing a Lunch and Learn Presentation
The focus of this session is to give students the basic presentation skills to create an atmosphere open to conversation. They will also develop a short presentation as well.
This final session allows students the chance to deliver their Lunch and Learn presentations to classmates.
At the end of the course, students will fill out an action plan.