Organisations who promote accountability are more successful and more productive. In this eLearning course you will learn about what accountability is, how to promote it in your organisation, and how to become more accountable to yourself and others.
This one-day course will help you teach participants how to:
- Understand what accountability is and what events in history have shaped our view of it
- Identify the requirements for personal and corporate accountability
- Apply the cycle of accountability and the fundamental elements required to build an accountable organisation
- Describe what individuals must do to become accountable
- Build skills required for accountability, including goal setting, giving and receiving feedback, and delegation
- Pinpoint ways to build ownership in your organisation
- Isolate areas for further self-improvement
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED
- Defining accountability
- Creating an accountable organisation
- Setting goals and expectations
- Doing delegation right
- Offering feedback
- A toolbox for managers
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
To get started, participants will learn what accountability is. Then, they will explore how history has shaped the recent call for accountability in society. Finally, participants will discuss practices that encourage and discourage accountability personally and professionally.
Creating an Accountable Organisation
This session will explore the accountability cycle, the building blocks of accountability, and how participants can start being more accountable.
Setting Goals and Expectations
In order for people to be accountable, they need to know what they are going to be accountable for! This session will explore two ways to do this: set goals with employees and communicate expectations in a structured way. Participants will also learn ways to create ownership in their organisation.
Doing Delegation Right
Delegation is key for building accountability in an organisation. This session will give some participants ways to delegate successfully.
Next, participants will learn ways to give constructive feedback.
A Toolbox for Managers
To conclude the course, participants will explore areas for further learning.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.