This course will prepare students to develop a message and remain on topic when they are presenting that message to the media and public without straying from the point, or points, they want to make. The final session will give students the opportunity to craft and hone a message of their own.
This course will help you teach participants:
- To effectively communicate a message and deliver a point in all forms of communication.
- To present ideas to a group or use social media to share a message.
- How to become a better spokesperson.
WHAT WILL STUDENTS LEARN
- Clarify your message and determine how to present it
- Successfully communicate your message using various forms of communication
- Effectively listen and communicate
- Ensure your listeners hear your message
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED
- What is Your Message
- Three Ways to Present Your Message
- Delivering Your Message in a Different Way
- Effective Listening
- What is Your Body Saying?
- Presenting Your Message to an Audience
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
What is your message?
In this session, students will learn how to understand what exactly their message is and how to present it. They will also learn how to pinpoint who they should target with that message.
Ways to present your message
Here is where students will look at the various tools available for communicating their message to the world. It will plumb the depths beyond social media channels and then look at routes to travel when using those tools.
Delivering Your Message in a Different Way
Students will discuss the best routes for conveying their message.
When someone does not understand what you are saying that is not the end of the road, questions present opportunities as shown in this session. Listening effectively gets looked at here as it is an important part of spreading a message.
What is Your Body Saying?
We communicate with more than just words. Gestures can speak volumes so we will look at body language in this session.
Presenting Your Message to an Audience
Throughout the workshop, students will take the skills they have developed during the day and craft a message they wish to communicate, and then share it with classmates.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.