When things are extremely busy at work and you have your hands full with many tasks and dealing with difficult people, having skills you can draw on are essential for peace of mind and growth. This course will help participants understand the causes and costs of workplace pressure, the benefits of creating balance, and how to identify pressure points. They will also learn how to apply emotional intelligence, increase optimism and resilience, and develop strategies for getting ahead.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
- Apply a direct understanding of pressure points and their costs and payoffs
- Speak in terms related to emotional intelligence, optimism, and resilience
- Create a personalised toolkit for managing stressors and anger
- Work on priorities and achieve defined goals
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED
- Under pressure!
- Getting to the heart of the matter (including identifying pressure points and creating an action plan)
- Emotional intelligence
- Coping toolkit (including anger and stress management)
- Getting organised
To begin the course, participants will explore the causes and costs of workplace pressure as well as the benefits of creating balance. Participants will also learn what their pre-assignment score means.
Getting to the Heart of the Matter
Next, participants will learn how to identify their pressure points and create an action plan to manage them. They will also learn some tips for facing problems and when to seek help.
In this session, participants will learn about the seven human emotions and Plutchik’s wheel of emotions. They will also learn how to validate emotions in others, build optimism, and develop resilience.
This session will give participants some ways to manage stress, cope with anger, and express themselves assertively.
To wrap things up, participants will learn some ways to get organised and reduce pressure.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.