Inspiring someone to be their best is no easy task. Just how do you manage for optimum performance? How do you create a motivating environment that encourages people to go beyond their best? This course will give you some of those skills.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
- The role of goal setting in performance management.
- Tools to help your employees set and achieve goals.
- A three-phase model that will help you prepare employees for peak performance, activate their inner motivation, and evaluate their skills.
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED
- The shared management model
- Setting goals
- Phase II (Activation)
- Phase III (Ongoing and Formal Evaluation)
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants some ways of achieving those tasks, including:
- Tools to help employees set and achieve goals.
- A three-phase model that will help participants prepare employees for peak performance, activate their inner motivation, and evaluate their skills.
- Motivational tools and techniques.
- Coaching methods and skills.
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop.
The Shared Management Model
To begin, participants will learn about the three-phase model that will be the focus of this course. Participants will also learn about making the employee their own internal manager.
Next, participants will use a goal setting tool to set some goals for the workshop. Then, they will learn how to use this tool in the performance management process.
Phase I (Preparation)
During this session, participants will explore how to prepare the employee to go beyond their best using coaching and training. We will also talk about choosing the right person for the job and setting standards.
Phase II (Activation)
Participants will learn what the activation phase is all about. They will also learn ways to turn employees into self-motivators.
Phase III, Part A (Ongoing Evaluation)
Evaluation is a key component of managing for performance. This session will look at ongoing evaluation, particularly constructive feedback.
Phase III, Part B (Formal Evaluation)
Next, participants will learn about formal types of evaluations, including performance reviews.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
There are no reviews yet.